Skip to content

Woman seen covered in blood after ‘boyfriend slashed her in subway attack’

The HORROR photos show a woman covered in blood after a man stabbed her on a subway station platform and was later arrested in her underpants.

The incident occurred in Lower Manhattan at the Fulton Street Station during the morning rush hour on Tuesday.


Billy Hernandez was arrested hours after the two separate attacks.Credit: polaris
The woman is in stable condition at Bellevue Hospital.


The woman is in stable condition at Bellevue Hospital.Credit: polaris
The incident occurred at the Fulton Street subway station in Lower Manhattan.


The incident occurred at the Fulton Street subway station in Lower Manhattan.Credit: polaris

Billy Hernandez, 50, was transported to Manhattan Criminal Court after being taken into custody Tuesday afternoon, NYPD confirmed.

The man is accused of stabbing a woman, allegedly his girlfriend or an ex, on the platform of the 4/5 train around 9:30 a.m. on June 21.

Hernandez fled the scene after court and proceeded to sexually assault a receptionist at the RevCore Recovery Center in Tribeca around 12 p.m., the New York Post reports.

There, he allegedly grabbed the buttocks of a 27-year-old woman while she was helping him with a technology problem in preparation for a zoom meeting, cops told the Post.

13-year-old boy killed and three teens injured after livestreaming ride in stolen car
Heartbreaking update on the death of a boy who was 'left in a suffocating car for HOURS'

At the June 22 arraignment, investigators revealed more information about the subway platform cutting.

Investigators said video footage showed Hernandez waiting for the victim, who was allegedly returning clothing to her.

“In this video, the victim walks up to the defendant, drops a bag at the defendant’s feet, turns and walks away,” the assistant district attorney said, according to the New York Post.

“Once the victim turns to leave, the defendant grabs her shoulder with one hand, and with the other hand, the defendant violently cuts the victim’s neck.

“When the victim tries to run away, the defendant follows her, making more cutting movements towards her.”

“This victim sustained a deep laceration extending from the right side of her neck to below her right eye. A laceration to the left forehead, a laceration under the left side of the chin, and a laceration to the back.”

The woman remains in stable condition at Bellevue Hospital, the NYPD said.

Hernandez was charged with attempted second degree murder and first degree assault in the court incident.

He was also charged with forcible contact and third-degree sexual assault for the incident at the RevCore Recovery Center.

Judge Marisol Martínez Alonso set Hernandez’s bail at $500,000 cash or $1 million bond.

Additionally, bail was set at $1 for incidents of forcible contact and sexual abuse.


Hernández was also prosecuted for another crime that took place on June 19.

He is accused of beating a man and stealing his cell phone at the Alfred E. Smith Houses on the Lower East Side.

In that incident, Hernandez was charged with second and third degree robbery.

He was ordered held on a $10,000 cash bond, a $15,000 insurance company bond, or a $20,000 partially secured surety bond, according to the Manhattan district attorney’s office, according to the New York Post. .

The district attorney’s office also said that temporary orders of protection were issued against Hernandez in all three cases.

Hernandez was already facing charges related to a gun incident in February, records show.

Charges in that incident include reckless endangerment and weapons possession after he was involved in a shooting with another person in Manhattan.

He posted bail earlier this month for that case.

Hernandez previously served time in prison, first serving 16 years after an assault conviction in 1995, followed by three and a half years stemming from an assault in 2015, and is on life probation.

Baby formula warning investigated after death of 10th baby linked to plant
Erika 'should go to JAIL' for refusing to hand over $750K earrings

He has been arrested at least 16 times since 1988, the New York Post reports.

Hernandez is due back in court on June 27.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.